- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +852 3768 4719
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- B.Comm., Professional Accounting and Business Law, Macquarie University, Australia
- Chartered Accountant
- Member of the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- INSOL International
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
William Pan is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong.
William has over ten years of experience in the Recovery and Restructuring sector. During that time, he has worked extensively on trade-on engagements, turnarounds, asset sales and independent advisory projects within the real estate, mining, financial institutions and services sectors.
More recently, William has been involved in a number of high profile restructuring engagements, including:
- The liquidation of LDK Solar Co. Limited, a company formerly listed on the NYSE. LDK Solar collapsed with over US$7 billion of onshore and offshore liabilities with operations across the United States, Europe and the PRC.
- The receivership of Australia’s largest independent stockbroker and provider of corporate advisory and asset management services. William managed the trading of the collapsed broker including the unwinding of a number of complex investments and trades until the firm was sold as a going concern.
- A scheme of arrangement for the subsidiaries of a major listed Indonesian conglomerate. The scheme involved the restructuring of over US$2 billion in defaulted bonds.
- Advising the lenders group on the restructuring of a Hong Kong listed healthcare and life sciences company. The restructuring resulted in the lenders group being paid out in full.
William has undertaken a number of forensic appointments for Australian Government bodies which involved fraud detection and investigations. William’s portfolio of experience also includes undertaking independent business review assignments, due diligence and valuation engagements across a diverse business base.
William is a Chartered Accountant in Australia and New Zealand. He holds a Bachelors degree in Commerce from Macquarie University and is a Member of the Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, William was a Manager at PPB Advisory in Sydney, Australia. He speaks fluent English and Mandarin.