- Senior Director
- T: +81 3 5369 3958
- F: +81 3 5369 3940
- Keio Shinjuku 3-chome Bldg 6F
- 3-1-24 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
- Tokyo, 160-0022
- T: +81 3 5369 3939
- F: +81 3 5369 3940
- Social Science, National Defense Academy, Japan
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Forensic Technology
- E-discovery Software & Services
Suguru Yoshida has a broad in-depth knowledge and extensive experience in addressing clients’ business and regulatory needs through applying cutting edge technologies with numerous information governance and data analytics perspectives.
A legal technology expert and Certified Fraud Examiner, Suguru has over 12 years’ of experience in digital forensics and e-discovery. During this time, Suguru has assisted Japanese companies with responding to e-discovery requests in international litigation and regulatory investigations, as well as in internal compliance investigations. He also has provided information governance consulting services to global companies based in Japan to help them resolve governance issues by using advanced data classification technologies and accelerating cloud platform adoptions, along with other tailored solutions.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Suguru was a Director at a global e-discovery service provider and a Manager within the forensic technology practice of a “Big Four” firm.
- A large internal investigation against the Japanese entity of a global pharmaceutical company based in the US. Reviewed large volume of emails related to certain sales activities including the data analysis of structured data (e.g. SalesForce, Expense records).
- Leading the case team of experts from Japan, Europe, China, Brazil and the U.S. for a large multi-jurisdictional anti-trust regulatory investigation of a global maritime Japanese corporation.
- Conducting a large internal investigation of a Japanese corporation’s subsidiaries located in Greater China which included the review of the entire supply chain of the targeted entity.
- Assisting a global Japanese manufacturer on their trade secret migration during its high profile M&A process; providing information governance consulting services for a global pharmaceutical corporation implementing advanced auto data classification technologies and driving defensible data disposition.
- Designing a near real time compliance risk monitoring process for a large global Japanese manufacturer for their procurement process.