- Senior Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +91 981 929 4462
- Unit 16, Level 3, The Executive Centre
- The Capital, Plot No. C-70
- G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex
- Mumbai, 400051
- T: +91 22 4905 5710
- Economics, St. Stephens College, Delhi
- Banking & Finance, University of Rajasthan
- M.B.A., Finance, Fordham Graduate School of Business, New York
- All India Economics Merit Certificate, CBSE
- Candidate for Level III CFA Program
- Visiting Faculty at NMIMS Business School, India
- Young SIAC Forum
- Global Intellectual Property Convention
- Economic Consulting
- International Arbitration
- Intellectual Property
Mrinal Jain is a Senior Director in the Economic & Financial Consulting practice at FTI Consulting and is based in Mumbai, India. Mrinal’s primary area of focus is in the assessment of quantum, financial, economic and valuation issues in contentious and non-contentious matters.
Mrinal commenced his professional career with a Big Four accounting firm in New York in 2007 and brings with him more than 11 years of experience in corporate finance, valuation and quantification of damages, claims or losses and preparation of independent expert reports and rebuttal reports in dispute cases. Specifically, he has worked on more than 17 matters involving domestic and international arbitrations, bilateral investment treaty (BIT) cases and litigations.
Mrinal’s experience includes valuation of businesses and equity shares; valuation of IPRs including intangibles; market and economic analysis; research and study for various purposes including Dispute Resolution; Litigation and Arbitration support; Family Settlement; Shareholder Negotiation; Joint Venture (entry or exit); Merger and De-merger; Acquisition; Restructuring; Strategic Sale & Investments; Private Equity portfolio evaluation as per IPEVC guidelines; and Financial Reporting purposes.
Mrinal has calculated damages or losses under various heads of claims such as wasted costs, consequential costs, loss of future profits and loss of overall business opportunity. In case of IPR disputes, his experience includes valuation of intangibles and quantification of damages on account of IPR infringement under various heads of claims such as lost profits as damages (applicability of Panduit Test), assessment of royalty rates as per FRAND terms and price erosion damages.