- Senior Managing Director
- Strategic Communications
- T: +34 91 524 3859
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Financial Communications
- Reputation Management
- Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Juan Rivera is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting in Spain. He is Head of the Strategic Communications segment and is based in Madrid.
Juan has more than 25 years of professional experience in Strategic Communications and Corporate Reputation issues. Along his professional career he has advised over 150 clients mainly on financial communication and transaction work (mergers, acquisitions or corporate restructurings) for companies based in Europe and America. He has regularly contributed in media with articles about corporate reputation. His academic activity includes seminars and workshops at various universities.
Juan holds a B.Sc. in Information Sciences and Journalism from the University of País Vasco and studied the M.Sc. in Business Communication at University of Missouri-Columbia. He also holds a Management Development Program certification form the IESE Business School and is fluent in English and Spanish.
- Adviser to CTG on its offer for EDP.
- Adviser to a pharma company on public affairs strategy in Spain on product pre-launch (orphan drugs).
- Adviser to a major Healthcare Services Provider on regulatory issues in Spain.
- Legal expert in courts on behalf of an infrastructure company. His statement as an expert was part of the proof of how a smear campaign affected the stock market value of the company.
- Adviser to an oil & gas company on a dispute with a foreign government and in the defense against a hostile takeover attempt.
- Adviser to a telecommunication consortium in the tender (and award) of a 7.2 Bn USD concession project.
- Adviser to foreign investment and private equity funds, assessing the reputational and context risk in the event of investment decisions.
- Adviser to various food companies in terms of regulatory risk.
- Adviser to multiple financial institutions during the restructuring of the sector in Spain.