- Senior Managing Director, Asia Co-Leader
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +852 3768 4738
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- B.Sc., Economics (Honours), Banking and Finance from Cardiff University, Wales, U.K.
- Chartered Accountant of England & Wales
- Chartered Accountant, Australia and New Zealand
- Certificate III, Investigative Services (Australia)
- Investigation of Persons License (CAPII Australia)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants, Australia and New Zealand (CA)
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- International Arbitration
- Expert Testimony
Jon Rowell is Co-Lead of Asia and Head of the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong.
A Chartered Accountant with more than 25 years of professional services experience, since 1997 he has focussed on providing independent expertise and evidence in relation to complex business, valuation, accounting and financial issues in both contentious and non-contentious situations.
Jon was first appointed as a testifying expert in 2003, and has provided expert evidence in Court and before International Arbitration hearings on behalf of both claimants and respondents.
Jon’s work primarily involves issues regarding the identification and valuation of damages, the valuation of businesses and the investigation of fraud and corruption.
He has acted as an independent expert, a consulting expert and an investigating accountant in a wide variety of situations, including in relation to commercial and joint venture agreement disputes, merger and acquisition disputes, pricing related disputes, intellectual property and patent disputes, shareholder disputes and fraud and corruption investigations.
Jon has worked on projects in a broad range of industry sectors, including energy and natural resources, property, mining, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, financial services, telecommunications, manufacturing and retail.
Jon is one of the leading quantum of damages and forensic accounting experts worldwide identified by Who’s Who Legal: Consulting Experts guide 2016, a comprehensive guide of the leading professionals across the globe specialising in economic and forensic and litigation consulting.
He holds a bachelor’s degree in Economics, Banking and Finance from Cardiff University, is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a Member of Chartered Accountant’s, Australia and New Zealand.
Jon has lived and worked in the United Kingdom, Australia and Hong Kong and has led cross-border client engagements in China, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America.