- Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +65 6831 7826
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #32-03
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- Chartered Accountants of Singapore
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
- Corporate Finance
Ellyn Tan is a Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Singapore.
Ellyn began her restructuring career in Ernst & Young shortly after graduating from the National University of Singapore. She has more than 8 years’ experience specialising in the field of corporate recovery, restructuring, turnaround as well as investigations and forensic accounting.
Ellyn has experience working on corporate assignments in Singapore, China and Australia and has been involved in various high-profile insolvency and restructuring engagements involving listed and private companies.
Ellyn’s notable engagements include:
- Independent financial adviser via a scheme of arrangement to a company listed on the SGX for a syndicated loan in excess of SG$ 80million. The assignment required analysis of the company’s cash flow forecast and the debt servicing ability of the company as well as the issue of convertible notes. Ellyn worked closely with the company’s auditors, lawyers as well as the SGX to finalise the issue of the convertible notes. The company has been successfully turned around and all loans have been repaid.
- Various monitoring accountant roles including cash flow monitoring of a timber company in China as well as a construction company listed on the SGX. *Cross-border restructuring of the subsidiaries of a telecommunications retailer which is listed on the SGX. These subsidiaries were incorporated in various parts of Southeast Asia including Thailand, the Philippines and Malaysia.
- An investigations engagement which involved inter alia taking up a Mareva injunction against high-profile directors based in Hong Kong with the intent to claw back assets that were part of undervalued and undue preference transactions.
- Involved in various litigation support engagements in Singapore and Australia including the reconstruction of accounts in a dispute between a family office and a well-known banking family in Singapore.
Ellyn is a member of the Chartered Accountants of Singapore and the Association of Certified Chartered Accounts (“ACCA”) as well as a Certified Fraud Examiner (“CFE”).
Ellyn is fluent in English and Mandarin and has basic knowledge of German.