- Senior Managing Director
- T: +852 3768 4696
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Level 35, Oxford House
- Taikoo Place
- 979 King's Road
- Quarry Bay
- China, Hong Kong
- T: +852 3768 4500
- F: +852 3012 9664
- Member Association of Accounting Technicians (MAAT)
- Forensic Technology
- Data Privacy & Protection
- Computer Forensics & Investigations
- Hospitality, Gaming & Leisure
- Financial Services
- Diversified Industrials
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
Chris Marks is a Senior Managing Director and co-regional lead for Technology in Asia at FTI Consulting and is based in Hong Kong.
Chris has over 20 years’ accountancy experience, and has spent over 15 years in digital investigations based in the UK, with close involvement and oversight of complex cross border litigation support, digital forensics, legal document review and FCPA investigations. Chris has carried out complex investigations to civil and criminal standards, with courtroom experience, utilising his understanding of the electronic evidence aspects of an investigation and applying relevant best practice. He is highly skilled in the project management of e-discovery engagements through all aspects of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM).
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Chris was an Associate Partner at a “Big Four” in Hong Kong after transferring at their request from the UK after having conceived and overseen the build out of a forensic lab in Manchester and “follow the sun” support from his team in Hyderabad, India. This innovative approach supported the further growth in the Forensic Technology and Discovery Services team in London he had been an integral part of the success of over the years. He was often sought after to take leading roles on international projects winning and delivering large e-discovery preservation, processing and review projects across Europe, Asia, Australia and the US.
Chris has worked on behalf of special committees and their independent counsel, management in internal investigations, monitors or compliance consultants pursuant to settlement agreements, and as a shadow investigator on behalf of a “Big Four” accounting firm’s audit practice. He has worked with companies in many industries, but most extensively in financial services, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas, mining, consumer & diversified industrial products, medical devices and gaming.
Chris has extensive experience in leading and delivering projects across the whole of the forensic technology spectrum including:
- Leading the Asia workstream of a DOJ investigation into a pharmaceutical client involving cross border data movements and review protocols for more than ten countries.
- Onsite end-to-end engagement for a gaming client in Macau with elements in the US and Singapore.
- MF Global data preservation across New York and Chicago responsible for project managing the exit from several 1000+ employee sites as well as disaster recovery sites.
- FCPA review for a large automotive client requiring preservation of data to be collected (often simultaneously) across 27 different locations throughout EMEIA.
- FX processing and review support of data for an international bank to enable responses to several global regulators including UK, US and HK.