Transaction Advisory Services
The transaction advisory specialists at FTI Consulting offer a forward-looking perspective and track record of success across the entire transaction life cycle. We conduct value-added due diligence that goes far beyond ‘tick-the-box’ style due diligence performed by many of our competitors. Whether representing buyers, sellers or lenders, we offer comprehensive due diligence advice and hands-on support in evaluating opportunities across the risk/return spectrum. As part of a global consulting firm known for success in high-profile, high-stakes transactions, we help our clients maximise value and minimise risk.
Our Service Offerings
We support our clients in every aspect of the buying process. Our experts perform comprehensive due diligence, including quality of earnings, synergy analysis and evaluation of projections. We help assess key value drivers and risk factors. We also counsel clients on the most advantageous tax and accounting structures and oversee the contract and valuation processes.
We advise clients on all aspects of the lending decision-making process, for both local and offshore opportunities. The services provided include:
- Reviewing and sensitising cash flow and business plan projections
- Reviewing due diligence, analysing collateral and monitoring portfolios
- Assisting in credit-crisis situations and suggesting troubled-credit alternatives
Merger Integration Services
To realise the full value of a merger, FTI Consulting works with client executive management to assess the feasibility of integration project plans, benchmarks and timetables. We specialise in keeping the integration on schedule and evaluating the functions of both entities to determine best practices.
Purchase Price Dispute Services
Our experts assess whether generally accepted accounting principles have been consistently applied and determine the accuracy of financial statements. We also act as independent arbitrator for disputes related to earn-outs and working capital adjustments.
We support clients on the seller side to help them enhance their value, increase the probability of a sale and realise maximum value at the time of the transaction. The team does this by:
- Providing vendor due diligence to reduce risk and make the sale process more efficient
- Evaluating businesses or entities for sale, including quality of earnings, balance sheet and working capital requirements
- Identifying value enhancement and value issues
- Negotiating with buyers on the client’s behalf
- Preparing offering memoranda
- Managing the due diligence process
Our deal valuation experts work with clients on the sell side to prepare opening balance sheet valuations, perform impairment analyses and assist with enterprise valuation. We also help private equity general partners with valuation of their holdings, including capital adequacy used to facilitate dividend recapitalisations, solvency and fairness opinions.