- T: +81 3 5369 3934
- F: +81 3 5369 3940
- Keio Shinjuku 3-chome Bldg 6F
- 3-1-24 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku
- Tokyo, 160-0022
- T: +81 3 5369 3939
- F: +81 3 5369 3940
- J.D., Law School of Nihon University
- B.A. in Human Science, Waseda University
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
Sayaka Kobayashi is a Director in the Forensic and Litigation Consulting segment of FTI Consulting and a member of the Global Risk and Investigations practice based in Tokyo, Japan.
Ms. Kobayashi manages a broad range of investigative assignments including business intelligence, investigative due diligence, fraud and corporate investigations, and other business risk consulting assignments. She heads a research team that provides critical research and analytical support for major foreign and Japanese companies doing business globally.
In addition, Ms. Kobayashi has deep experience in providing support to Japanese companies involved with cross-border investigations and litigation, for instance she has conducted professional interviews, document/data collection and review, contract and financial material review.
Ms. Kobayashi was formerly a Research Manager at International Risk Ltd., which was acquired by FTI Consulting. In this role, she was responsible for conducting detailed research projects and investigations, as well as reporting for a wide variety of consultative projects, including high profile transactions, M&As and brand integrity engagements.
Previous to this, Ms. Kobayashi provided support to the overseas divisions of multinational corporations in the retail and import and export industries, where she was responsible for sales, stock control and customer management.
Ms. Kobayashi received a Juris Doctor from the Law School of Nihon University in Tokyo. Prior to this, Ms. Kobayashi had completed her Bachelor of Arts degree in Human Science from Waseda University in Tokyo.
Ms. Kobayashi is fluent in Japanese and English and is trained in non-confrontational interview techniques. She is a Certified Fraud Examiner.
Examples of Ms. Kobayashi’s recent engagements include:
- Assessment and strategic support for a multinational brand company regarding the development and implementation of their brand protection program.
- Investigation into a U.S. subsidiary in Japan following allegations of employee misconduct and fraud.
- Support for Japanese companies in anti-trust litigation cases filed in the U.S. and EU.
- Review and assessment of global anti-bribery/FCPA/compliance program for major name multinational.