- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +55 11 3079 4535
- F: +55 11 3078 0144
- Av. Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek, 1327 – 3º andar
- Condomínio Edifício Internacional Plaza II
- Itaim Bibi
- São Paulo SP, 04543-011
- T: +55 11 3165 4535
- F: +55 11 3078 0144
- B.Comm., University of British Columbia
- Chartered Accountant (Canada)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP)
- Licensed Trustee in Bankruptcy (Canada)
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Sam Aguirre is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance practice at FTI Consulting. Mr. Aguirre is in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring practice and specializes in debt restructuring advisory in the Americas. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Aguirre was a partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers in the Corporate Recovery area.
Mr. Aguirre trained in Canada and gained significant experience in formal bankruptcy proceedings (receiverships, reorganizations, and bankruptcies), out-of-court restructurings and operational restructurings.
Mr. Aguirre’s restructuring experience in Latin America focuses on turnaround plans, advising parties on consensual restructurings and providing interim management services. He has participated in aggregate debt restructurings in excess of USD$60 billion. Mr. Aguirre also has provided litigation support services and acted as an expert witness in U.S. court.
His broad experience includes advising lenders and companies in the following sectors:
- Construction (cement, tiles and ceramics, steel and plastic sectors);
- Oil and gas, electricity (generation and distribution);
- Media (cable TV and newspaper);
- Automotive; and
- Food retail.
Recent engagements include:
- San Antonio Oil & Gas (Oil & Gas) –US$ 800 million debt restructuring;
- Cemex (Cement) - US$ 22 billion debt restructuring;
- Nemak (Autoparts) - US$ 700 million debt restructuring;
- Lamosa (Tile and Ceramic) - US$ 800 million debt restructuring;
- Gruma (Corn producer) - US$ 700 million debt restructuring;
- Trinidad Cement Limited (Cement) - US$ 260 million debt restructuring;
- Comercial Mexicana (Supermarket) - US$3 billion debt restructuring;
- Tuscany Drilling (Oil & Gas) –US$ 250 million debt restructuring;
- Carpathian Gold –US$ 200 million debt restructuring.
Mr. Aguirre is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Canada, a licensed Trustee in Bankruptcy, a Chartered Financial Analyst and a Certified Fraud Examiner. Mr. Aguirre is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese.