- Senior Managing Director
- Corporate Finance & Restructuring
- T: +61 3 9604 0612
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- Level 16, Bourke Place
- 600 Bourke Street
- Melbourne, VIC, 3000
- T: +61 3 9604 0600
- F: +61 3 9604 0699
- B.B., Accounting, Monash University
- B.A., Psychology, Monash University
- Chartered Accountant
- Certified Turnaround Practitioner
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Association of Certified Turnaround Practitioners
- Turnaround Management Association
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Mike McCreadie is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in Melbourne.
Mr. McCreadie has had over 20 years of experience working in the restructuring and non performing loan (“NPL”) areas or as a Finance Director in Asia, Australia Western and Eastern Europe, and the United States.
Mr. McCreadie has extensive experience representing debtors and creditors in and outside of formal bankruptcy proceedings and assisting companies and financial institutions in buying and selling portfolios of loans. Services provided include development and implementation of business plans, strategic realignment of business units, operational analysis of cash flow projections, development and implementation of cash management programs, operational and financial reporting, negotiations for the sale of businesses, sourcing financing, forensic investigations, valuation of loan portfolio’s and buy and sell side due diligence support.
Mr. McCreadie has experience across a broad range of industries, including retail, energy, financial services, consulting, healthcare, manufacturing, aviation, timber, textile and hospitality.
Most recently, Mr. McCreadie started up a company in Asia that currently employs over 100 people. While in the United States, he was a regular guest lecturer on corporate reorganisation at Georgetown University.
- Served as a financial advisor to the global consulting and technology company. Assisted the board and management in formulation of operational strategies and the development of a business plan for the global business, developed cash flow projections, negotiations with lenders and strategic reviews of the regional investments, together with sourcing alternative finance providers.
- Advisor to banks globally on loan portfolio management around strategic plan preparation, sale alternatives, portfolio identification, sale preparation, buyer identification, sale closing and hand over. Engagements have been in Malaysia, Korea, Singapore, Philippines, Greece, Spain, U.K. and Brazil.
- Undertook due diligence on behalf of ANZ on Royal Bank of Scotland’s loan portfolios in Asia during ANZ’s purchase of RBS’s Asian business in 2009. The process involved working with ANZ’s risk team in assessing risk profile of the existing loan portfolio, adequacy of provisions and Tier 1 capital issues on merging the two loan books in Asia.
- Advisor to a U.S. Airline during the reorganisation under Chapter 11. Advised the company amongst other things in the preparation and filing of the statements and schedules, accounting cut off procedures, plan of emergence and development and implementation of strategic realignment of the business including cost reduction initiatives aimed at reducing overheads by approximately US$200 million.