- Managing Director
- T: +353 1 672 9025
- F: +353 1 672 9072
- The Academy, Suites 2A & 2B
- 42 Pearse Street
- Dublin, 2
- T: +353 1 765 0800
- F: +353 1 765 0801
- B.Sc., University College Dublin
- Post Graduate, Business Management, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Lean Six Sigma
- Change Management
- Cost Optimization
- Revenue Enhancement
- Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Performance Improvement
- Financial Institutions
Michael Ennis is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Global Insurance Services and leads FTI’s Ireland Practice (Data Analytics & Performance Improvement).
Michael has 18 years’ experience in designing and delivering strategic, operational improvement and customer-centric programs across Ireland, the U.K. and U.S, using a combination of data analysis, process re-engineering and organisation design expertise.
Michael operates across the C-Suite and Senior Executive level to understand issues and bring practical experience in developing programs and solutions that deliver tangible benefit.
His primary areas of industry knowledge are Property and Casualty Insurance and Retail Banking.
Examples of his work include:
- Data Strategy & Analytics for Global Insurer – Business Lead to design and implement an enterprise-wide data and analytics program. Worked with the Senior Executives to define the business requirements, the solution architecture, develop a pilot phase and roadmap, and build the business case for the program across consumer and commercial lines
- Claims Cost Analytics for Leading Insurer – Assessment of claims data to quantify claims cost variance. Assessed the Damage, BI and Liability case routing, handling, and team configuration (activities, skills etc.) to identify root causes of cost and settlement variance. Designed a Future State Operating Model to minimise settlement cost and variance. Identified 2.5% improvement in total claims cost
- Cost Reduction & Process Re-Engineering Programme for Global Insurer – Focused on 4 areas to underpin cost improvement: Distribution, Process Re-design, Procurement & IT Effectiveness. Delivered 31% reduction in operating cost
- Developed a Retail Branch (400+ Branches) Transformation Program for a Leading Bank, to create a new Sales and Service Operating Model. Re-designed the distribution model to migrate transactions to self-service and automation, enabling the switch of manpower from service to sales, to drive improved retention, cross sales and reduce operating cost
- 3-5 Year Growth and Profitability Strategy for a Global Insurer across Consumer and Commercial Lines – Core focus included: Customer & Technology Trends, UW Capability, Commercial Lines Propositions (including market and competition assessment) Pricing, Geo-Coding and Direct Distribution
Prior to FTI, Michael spent 8 years building a boutique Strategy and Analytics Consulting Practice, and 9 years in a Senior Management position in a global consulting firm.