Juan J. Valderas
- Senior Managing Director
- Forensic & Litigation Consulting
- T: +34 91 524 35840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Paseo de Recoletos 3
- 3rd Floor
- Madrid, 28004
- T: +34 91 524 3840
- F: +34 91 524 3877
- Law, ICADE University Pontificia Comillas
- Economics, ICADE University Pontificia Comillas
- Qualified Auditor
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- ICC Master Class
- Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
- Expert Testimony
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Forensic Accounting & Investigations
- Forensic Litigation Consulting
- Diversified Industrials
Juan Valderas is a Senior Managing Director in the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment at FTI Consulting and is based in Madrid. Juan became the leader of the Forensic & Litigation Consulting segment in Spain in June 2015.
Juan commenced his professional career at Audit in KPMG from 1994 to 1999, then he joined their Forensic department in London and was key in setting up KPMG`s Forensic Department in Spain. In November 2003, he joined Deloitte in Spain to create and lead its Forensic department for 10 years. He was also appointed as the Deloitte Forensic leader for Europe, Middle East and Africa between 2012 and 2015.
As a full-time forensic practitioner for 17 years, Juan provides specialist services in national and international investigations (fraud, corruption, regulatory), litigation (damages, loss of profit, acquisition price adjustments, unfair competition, etc.) and, more recently, insolvency related assignments (advisory, court appointed administrator). His experience includes:
- Fraud committed by directors/employees.
- Corruption/bribery in both public bodies and private entities.
- Related fraud detection and prevention engagements.
- Infringements of intellectual property rights.
- Unfair competition from former directors/employees.
- FCPA, competition, money laundering and other regulatory investigations.
Expert witness, arbitrator or mediator:
- Juan has given evidence for Spanish and international courts and arbitration bodies in more than 200 cases.
- Damages and loss of profit calculation.
- Price adjustments and other disputes related to sale and purchase agreements.
- Disputes over intellectual property and unfair competition
- Financial issues in bankruptcy procedures.
- Cash and asset tracing in the context of money laundering investigations.
Juan is a qualified auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner and holds an ICC Master Class. He also has degrees in both Law and Economics from ICADE University Pontificia Comillas.
Juan is perceived in the Spanish market as an expert forensic practitioner and, over the years, he has been interviewed, quoted and led some publications that included thought leadership pieces by Juan himself.