- Senior Managing Director
- T: +61 7 3225 4902
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- 22 Market Street
- Brisbane, QLD, 4000
- T: +61 7 3225 4900
- F: +61 7 3225 4999
- Bachelor of Business (CA)
- ASIC Registered Liquidator
- ASIC Official Liquidator
- Chartered Accountant
- ICA Practicing Certificate
- Registered Trustee
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Turnaround Management Association
- Corporate Finance
John Park is a Senior Managing Director and the Head of Corporate Finance & Restructuring, Australia at FTI Consulting and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
John is a leading specialist in business restructuring, corporate recovery and turnaround consulting. He has extensive experience in the corporate recovery market and operational management in a wide variety of industries. This industry focus has been primarily in property, manufacturing, mining and mining services, hospitality, building and construction, retail and financial services. John has been directly responsible for some of the largest corporate administrations within Australia.
He has extensive experience in the secured market acting for banks and financial institutions with a focus on restructuring and turnaround. His 25 year career in the corporate recovery field has provided him with the required experience to deal with complex administrations due to his ability to project manage both operational and technical issues.
- Appointed as Voluntary Administrator and undertook independent assessment of financial position and ongoing viability of Queensland Nickel Pty Ltd. Coordinated the fast-tracked assessment and distribution of Federal Government payments to former workers totalling more than AU$70 million and commenced action to recoup AU$300 million owed to remaining creditors.
- Appointed as joint and several Receiver and Manager to various entities associated with The Raptis Group’s AU$700 million Southport Central development on the Gold Coast.
- Conducted formal insolvency for one of Australia’s largest independently owned kitchenware retailers, Robins Kitchen, with an annual turnover of approximately AU$40 million.
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager to Aston Metals Ltd following a default on a repayment secured by the convertible notes.
- Joint Administrator for the Air Australia group of companies following an overseas suppliers refusal to refuel planes due to unpaid debts.
- Engaged by secured creditor as Voluntary Administrator of Hans Group of companies to conduct a due diligence on business operations.
- Appointed Receiver and Manager over Buranda Properties Pty Ltd that eventuated in all properties being sold and achieving sale prices in excess of market values.
- Appointed as Receiver and Manager of a leasehold hotel group with three locations in inner and outer Brisbane suburbs.
- Independent Business Review and subsequent Appointment as Receiver and Manager of WDS Limited.
- Appointed as Voluntary Administrator of the Laura Ashley Australian licenced business which led to the restructure and successful sale of the business.