- Senior Managing Director
- Economic & Financial Consulting
- T: +65 6831 7806
- M: +91 99582 00596
- F: +65 6831 7859
- 8 Shenton Way, #12-02
- AXA Tower
- T: +65 6831 7820
- F: +65 6831 7859
- B.S., Accountancy, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Certified Public Accountant
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants
- Cross-border Litigation
- Expert Testimony
- International Arbitration
- Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT)
Chaitanya Arora is a Senior Managing Director in the Economic and Financial Consulting practice at FTI Consulting and is based in India and Singapore. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, he was the managing partner of the India office of a global consulting and advisory firm.
Chaitanya’s career spans over 17 years during which he has worked as an auditor, a M&A advisor, a specialist in transaction services and an expert witness in disputes for the assessment of damages, valuation of businesses and loss of profits. He has worked across geographies including US, India, Europe and South East Asia. Chaitanya currently focuses on assessment of quantum, financial, accounting and valuation issues in disputes.
Chaitanya’s industry experience includes retail, oil & gas, industrial gases, consumer and branded goods, power generation, railways, distribution businesses, renewable energy, traction locomotives, real estate and diversified and industrial materials.
Chaitanya has advised several corporations and private equity funds in the assessment of investments, mergers & acquisitions and joint ventures. He has broad advisory experience across the deal continuum, including post merger/acquisition disputes in India and other geographies.
Chaitanya was listed in Who’s Who Legal 2016 Consulting Experts guide in the field of ‘Quantum of Damages’. He was described as having “a strong understanding of the Asian market” and was praised for his “professionalism and responsiveness to clients’ needs”.
Selected experience includes:
- Appointment as valuation expert by the Claimant for the valuation of a joint venture in the Telecom Retail industry in India for a dispute arising out of alleged breaches of the joint venture agreement. The matter was arbitrated at the SIAC and the role included preparation of expert report, response report to opposing expert and oral testimony via ‘hot tubbing’.
- Appointment as a valuation expert by the Claimant for the valuation of a joint venture in the Ballast Water Treatment industry in Singapore for a dispute arising out of the alleged illegal termination of the JV. Prepared an expert report concerning damages arising from the alleged breaches of the joint venture agreement in a ICC Singapore arbitration.
- Appointment as an expert on the calculation of loss of profits in a dispute arising out of the alleged wrongful termination of a drilling contract for Coal Bed Methane gas in India. Prepared an expert report and gave oral evidence concerning losses incurred by the Claimant from the alleged breaches of drilling contract in an arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, India.
- Appointment as an expert on the valuation of a global business in the Specialty Chemicals industry based in Singapore in the context of a minority oppression claim before the Singapore High Court. Prepared a report on the valuation of the business. The matter is ongoing.
- Appointment as an expert on valuation of a medical devices business in India. The matter was litigated in the Mumbai High Courts and the dispute arose post acquisition from alleged breaches of representations and warranties. Prepared an expert report concerning the fair value of the medical devices business in a scenario where the allegations were true.