- Senior Managing Director
- T: +1 345 936 1625
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Suite 3212
- 53 Market Street, Camana Bay
- PO Box 30613
- Grand Cayman, KY1-1203
- Cayman Islands
- T: +1 345 743 6830
- F: +1 345 749 6830
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA)
- Joint Insolvency Examinations Board – 2006 Prize Winner (JIEB)
- Fellow of INSOL International (Global Insolvency Practice Course class of 2014/15)
- Restructuring and Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman)
- INSOL International
- Corporate Finance
- Restructuring / Turnaround Services
Andrew Morrison is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment of FTI Consulting and is based in the Cayman Islands. Andrew has more than 17 years’ experience in liquidations and restructuring advisory matters, including four years based in the Cayman Islands.
Andrew has particular expertise in investment funds and banking. His experience includes two separate long-term client secondments to major international banks. He also worked for three years in a U.K. Big 4 team that specialised solely in voluntary liquidation services, delivering large-scale wind-down projects for clients such as Jupiter Asset Management, BP and Invensys.
Andrew has acted as an Advisor, Director, Voluntary Liquidator, Official Liquidator, Provisional Liquidator and Receiver of various Cayman Islands entities. He has delivered insolvency, financial due diligence, sell-side and restructuring options advice in over 70 situations across a broad variety of markets and sectors, including financial services, real estate and oil & gas.
Specific examples of Andrew’s previous engagements include:
- Joint Official Liquidator of Argyle Funds SPC Inc, ARC (EUR) Fund and ARC (USD) Fund; a group of funds with over 1,100 investors and US$70 million invested in trade receivable assets;
- Joint Provisional Liquidator of Sterling Macro Fund, a Cayman fund invested in high-value listed securities that is subject to a stakeholder dispute;
- Voluntary Liquidator of Kefret Multi-hedge, a US$30m fund of funds with a number of remaining investments and involving the sale of illiquid investments to secondary market purchasers
- Joint Official Liquidator of Life Premium Fund SPC, a Cayman closed-ended fund invested in life insurance policies with over 200 investors based in Latin America;
- Court-appointed Receiver of Helvetia Trading Fund SP, a forex fund established as a segregated portfolio, which was rendered insolvent by the unpegging of the Swiss franc and euro;
- Lead Director in the liquidation of Hadar Fund Ltd, a private investment fund that became subject to highly complex and contentious litigation. This included implementing processes and controls for the ‘soft wind down’ of the Rio Capital fund of funds, utilising its incumbent investment manager;
- Advisor to a leveraged Cayman fund facing liquidity pressure due to significant redemptions and margin calls on complex securities relating to public companies;
- Lead Director in the liquidations of Rye Select Broad Market XL Portfolio Ltd, Rye Select Broad Market Insurance Portfolio LDC and Broad Market XL Holdings Ltd, which are funds that invested in assets related to Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, including approximately US$400 million placed synthetically via leveraged total return swaps; and
- Lead Director of the liquidation of Peloton ABS Master Fund, a long-standing Cayman liquidation that was subject to a dispute with its prime broker and custodian
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Andrew was a Director in a boutique restructuring practice in the Caribbean and a Director with KPMG in London.